Welcome to our December Newsletter! You’ll find information about Stamp Duty and a moving house checklist as well as our Christmas trading hours and contact information. You can download the PDF (790KB) format here or click on the image below:
This article is available in PDF format (1.5MG): HSTP & Tanks
Home Sewerage Treatment Plants (HSTP)
- The HSTP must be lower than the house, to ensure effective flow
- Stroud Homes provide riser rings (at no cost) to 600mm to help with this for very flat blocks
- When placing HSTP’s onto a plan, identify the lower parts of the block
- Avoid placing HSTP in front of the alfresco and windows, especially the bedroom side of the house
- The HSTP must be a minimum of 5m from the house and no more than 10m away from the house.
HSTP Spray Area
- The HSTP spray area must be 15m from the house
- Try to avoid trees, if possible
- They cannot be across driveways
- Garden sheds or pools cannot be near the spray area
- Blocks under 4000m2 may need sub-surface irrigation
- Water tanks must be a minimum of 5m from the house and a maximum of 10m from the house
- Water tanks need to be a minimum of 6m from any HSTP
- Water tanks should be as close as possible to the pad level of the house
- Avoid having them higher than the house, lower is better
- Water tanks cannot be positioned in fill
Free site evaluations of your land - even before you have bought it!
Our free site evaluations can save you thousands of dollars in site costs and help you evaluate one block against another. A site evaluation can also give you insight into possible noise issues, conservation, bush fire overlays etc.
Interested? Call Stroud Homes today on (07) 5540 3949
The Great Start Grant is a Queensland Government initiative to help first home owners to get their new first home sooner. You’ll get $15,000 towards buying or building your new house, unit or townhouse (valued at less than $750,000).
You can even buy off the plan or choose to build yourself. It’s a great opportunity to buy or build a new home in our great state.
Find out more at https://greatstartgrant.osr.qld.gov.au/
When you visit you’ll find big trees all around the gently rolling hills, with lots of families already enjoying the quiet lifestyle. The quality homes existing in this area tend to be quite large at Spring Mountain, Greenbank.
Great day out handing over a Vermilion “Mountain”. Congratulations to Matt and Melissa and here’s to many happy years in this fine home!
Really fun to see the kids picking out their bedrooms. Nice to be sharing in the excitement of this big day with a great family!
If you are interested in checking out a similar design then head over to:
Sometimes it all comes together in such a beautiful way! Aratula will soon be seeing a beautiful Vermilion going up with Mt. Greville in the stunning background.
We are tipping this will win the “Best Al Fresco Area View” award.
Your new Stroud Home features the very latest in environmentally friendly termite protection.
We use the Termiglass System by Termicide Pest Management, a unique sintered glass material that creates a non-toxic, physical termite barrier.
Termiglass is manufactured from recycled crushed glass. For termites, the resulting material is:
- too hard to chew
- too heavy to move
- too small to crawl through
Termiglass has been rated number one on environmental attributes by Good Environmental Choice Australia.
Highly effective termite protection
When used in conjunction with Termicide Strip Shielding, the Termiglass System forms a highly effective yet non-toxic physical barrier as an alternative to toxic and harmful chemicals.
For full details on the Termiglass system visit termicide.com.au or download this info pack (PDF 1.7MB)